South Asian Women's Network (SAWN)
Established in 2017, SAWN brings together women of South Asian origin in Windsor to network and work together to strengthen their voice on issues affecting them, to celebrate achievements and to strive for gender equality in all areas of life for girls and women.
What we do:
- We meet to learn and share on topics of health and wellness.
- We facilitate and promote awareness on issues such as domestic violence, disabilities and women’s rights.
- We support and help newcomer women arriving in the region to make new connections, navigate and integrate to the Canadian way of life.
- We advocate and empower women to strive for gender equality and increase their social, cultural and earning potential through mentoring, coaching and skills development opportunities.
- We celebrate festivals of South Asia to enjoy activities together and recognize other international days such as International Women’s Day and 16 Days of Activism to highlight the struggles, successes and remind us of the challenges ahead.
For more information check our Facebook page.